Sore back? Neck ache? I feel your pain – literally! Bouncing from computer to projects often has me feeling still, achy and in some cases just downright sore. Before I reach for any type of medication, I always try my microwavable heating pad first. This post actually contains 2 tutorials for you. A pretty scented pad and a not-so-pretty-kinda-stinky-but-functional pad.
Mine is the not-so-pretty. But it works great and is super easy to make.
Old Sock Neck Pad
1. Take an old men’s sock and fill it 2/3 full with dried beans. I used dried kidney beans in mine.
2. Tie off the end of the sock in a knot.
3. Wet your hands and brush them over the sock. You do not want to soak the material, but you want to just lightly dab water over it.
4. Place it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. You will want to check after about 2.5 minutes, as all microwaves are slightly different and it will depend on the type of beans used.
5. Take sock out of the micro and shake well to mix up the beans.
6. Wrap sock around your neck as needed and enjoy!
Of course the above is a very simple solution and heating the beans sometimes is a little stinky. Below you will find the tutorial for the beautiful scented heating pads that use rice, and would even make a really nice gift.
Image Credit: www.sew4home.com