Did you know that homemade anti-cellulite creams are all natural, inexpensive and in most cases, just as effective as expensive cosmetic solutions? And, you need look no further than your morning coffee pot to get the same desired results. Caffeine from coarsely ground beans is the main ingredient in many brand name cellulite creams.
If you’d like to try out a homemade solution, here is a coffee scrub recipe that won’t break your budget. I am betting that once you get over the “mess” you are going to love how this makes you feel (Sidenote for those of you on a septic system – you may not be able to rinse the grinds down your drain. Check your local pumping contractor.)
Anti-Cellulite Coffee Scrub Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup used coffee grounds (coarsely ground is best)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 10-15 drops peppermint essential oil (optional)
1. Using a fork mix all ingredients together into a paste.
2. Transfer into a wide mouthed container for storage. It will keep in a cool place for up to 2 weeks.
3. Apply the scrub using your cupped fingers in circular motions over your body and let sit for 20-30 mins.
4. Rinse off and wash yourself with an all natural soap.
5. Pat yourself dry.
You will want to make sure you are either sitting in your tub, standing in the shower or standing on a rubber mat, as the olive oil in this recipe could damage a regular bathroom carpet.