Just 3 simple ingredients is all it takes to enjoy these delicious banana bread cookies – rolled oats, chopped walnuts and well, bananas of course!
If you are concerned about nut allergies or are wanting to add a little something that’s already hanging around in your kitchen cupboards, here are a few more suggestions to make this banana bread cookie recipe even more appealing.
- Add dried cranberries or raisins in place of the walnuts
- Chocolate chips in place of the walnuts
- Chewier cookies can be achieved by adding 1 tsp of vanilla and 1/3 cup of almond milk, plus raisins or cranberries
- Omit the walnuts and add 1 tsp of vanilla and cinnamon to taste!
- 2 tbsp peanut butter in place of the walnuts
- Consider adding shredded coconut
Have some additional suggestions? Let me know below in the comments 🙂
***Cooking Tip*** Bake the cookies on parchment/wax paper for easier removal from your cookie sheet!
Image Source: tesh.com