I found this simple yet classy looking DIY barn wood look headboard on Pinterest, but can’t seem to find the original source for a tutorial. There was just a simple description written at the bottom of the image for the DIY, so I thought I would expand on it a little here.
This project requires only a few simple items and can be done by anyone at any DIY experience level. You will need:
- 4 pieces of 1 x 6 wood, cut to your desired length
- a sanding block (or scrap block of wood with sandpaper wrapped around it)
- a small tin of your favorite stain color
- 8 pieces of 3M Command Large Picture Hanging strips
1. Have your 4 wooden pieces cut to the width of your bed.
2. Sand down the wood to a nice smooth finish.
3. Apply as many coats of stain as needed to get your desired color.
4. Wait 24 hours after staining and apply the 3M strips. The large size holds up to 16 lbs of weight and your headboard pieces should be only about 5 pounds each.
5. Admire your beautiful DIY barn wood look headboard!
If anyone is aware of the original source for this image, I would love to give credit 🙂
Please be sure to "Like" The Crafty Frugalista on Facebook and get updated each time I post a new creative and frugal way to make your life fabulously chic!